Sunday, June 04, 2006

Helping Hands

The last three weeks have been very tough for me. Lots of stuff seemed to happen all at once and I struggled to cope with it all. I had a fairly bad depressive episode, when I just couldn't face dealing with anyone or anything.

I can totally understand why there is such a high rate of self-harm in NZ. Sometimes it seems that there is nothing good on the horizon, and that nothing you do can make a difference. Luckily I have some very good friends (Shewbie and Anyzoom) who realised what was happening and helped me through.

The problem was compounded by the fact that E. is over in Australia just now visting relatives and taking a break, and I couldn't turn to her for help. I miss her so much. I have put photos of her on my desk, and I set one particularly good photo of her as my KDE desktop wallpaper to keep me company.

The tutors at Tech have been understanding about my situation, and have been very supportive.
One tutor in particular, D.M., reminded me that what I'm trying to accomplish is actually very difficult, and I realised that I had come much further in my education than I thought I was capable of.

I want to say thanks to the above for helping me through this period.

"No man is an island unto himself. Every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main." - John Donne

2 Comments:

Blogger Simon said...

Hang in there, buddy.

1:09 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't know where I'd be without good friends. Had a similar lull over the last week and it's been difficult.

Anyway, just wanted to say hope things are looking up.

CM

10:12 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home