Saturday, August 13, 2005

In the eye of the beholder

Okay, so maybe I'm no style guru myself, but I have some observations:
  1. Ladies: Perfume is all about sensuality and sublety. Perfume != deodorant. Please spare a thought for those who have to share public spaces with you.

  2. Midriff: If your gut/arse is bulging out between your top and the jeans or skirt you are wearing, you may want to re-evaluate your daily exercise quota. Or your wardrobe.

  3. Bling: If I'm correct (and I might not be) then 'bling' is all about showing off how much money you have. But the people most likely to want to be 'bling' are the ones who can least afford to waste money on all the tacky crap that would make them look 'bling'. Hmmm...

  4. Guys: Pull your freakin' pants up! What the hell is the low-riding thing about? As a technical observation, wearing your pants normally may help you evade the cops should the need arise - not only because you will be able to run, but you'll also blend in with the non-boy-racer element.


There. I said it. Further issues relate to the wearing of thongs. Again, sensuality and sublety are the aim. Tight jeans + visible brightly-coloured thong = teen pregnancy candidate. It says something about you, something in the region of "I'm a low-rent desperate bar-slut".

Oh well, there's no accounting for taste. Or if there is, then the accountants must be on holiday. If beauty is in the eye of the beholder, maybe it's a good thing my vision is getting worse.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home