Saturday, August 20, 2005

A new leaf

For too long I have drifted along without a clear direction in my life. I still don't know what exactly I am meant to do. Maybe jotting down some things I'd like to achieve, some goals, will help. In no particular order:
  • Lighten up. (I am know to my family as 'Frazier', after Kelsey Grammar's brilliant but neurotic character.)
  • Learn to program in C, the lingua franca of Linux and embedded systems.
  • Finish learning German and travel (and maybe work) in Germany.
  • Run a small business.
  • Improve my guitar playing, and gain a wider appreciacion for jazz. Write more music.
  • Learn more about gardening and self-sufficiency.
  • Write a book. I don't know what subject. I used to write poetry. My English teacher thought I should be a poet.
  • Get more exercise. I have a bike. Guess I could cycle to Polytech.
  • Get a house in the country, with E. . Like Neil Young said, "I'm thankful for my country home/ It gives me peace of mind"
  • Help Scotland gain back her independence and identity.
  • Help my brother make a film.
I can check items off the list as and when I get there.
Ready! Set! GO!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home