Wednesday, May 16, 2007

The Week of Penury is Over

And so it ends. The power is now back on at my place, and I am free to use running water and motorised transport again.

I rather enjoyed doing the Week of Penury, and felt that it was a worthwhile experiment. I may attempt another one if I can arrange for favourable circumstances, but not for a while.

Overall, it turned out to be a Week of Voluntary Simplicity more than a Week of Penury. Now I am tasked with replenishing the stock used on the Week. My water ration held out, and I even ended up with a surplus 3 litres. I could have made at least two more meals with the food that I had prepared, although next time I will put more consideration into my menu.

The final power meter reading of 63957 units, just as it was last Tuesday evening.

Thanks to everyone who supported me; I'd encourage you to try something similar.

Live well, and often!

Best Regards,

J.L.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well done. It didn't sound like an easy task considering you still had to go to work and tech.
C.L

12:33 am  
Blogger Douglas Cress said...

pretty impressive - i dont think id last more than a few days without technology unless i was really committed or out in the middle of nowhere.

2:42 am  
Blogger J.L. said...

Thanks, guys! Since the Week of Penury, I certainly appreciate all our mod-cons a lot more.

10:23 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home